Topic: Education readjustment of returning veterans with PTSD in college/university.
Formatting requirements: 1-2-page memo: double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins.
Please turn in a description of your research topic and three or four key empirical/ theoretical research questions that you would like to investigate this semester.
Additionally, address the following:
- Explain why you are interested in this topic.
- Provide a brief description of who exactly you would like to interview (Veteran student with PTSD) and which settings you would like to conduct your participant observation. (The office of veterans affairs and the student veterans’ center)
Explain why these methods are appropriate for this project
- Explain what your project might add to the current literature or scholarly debates.
- Provide some preliminary thoughts about gaining access and feasibility in one semester.
- Discuss what you might expect to find having not yet gone into the field.
Books for reference
1) Emerson, Robert. 2001. Contemporary Field Research: Perspectives and Formulations. Waveland Press.
2) Luker, Kristin. 2008. Salsa Dancing into the Social Sciences: Research in an Age of Info-Glut. Harvard University Press.
3) Weiss, Robert. 1994. Learning from Strangers: The Art and Method of Qualitative Interview Studies. The Free Press.