Sociology of Education
This paper will facilitate the CyberLearning questions and exercises (including: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11). Present your material and write a conclusion reflecting on your process. You can do this after each exercise or at the end in the conclusion. This paper is a combination of bullets, graphs, tables, and written text (double spaced, 12 font). The whole paper will be about 5-8 pages double spaced, 12 font.
The last page(s) should be a recap:
1) Your reflection of the course this semester.
2) Has your own identity formation as a college student shift?
3) Have you been able to view the world around you with a sociological lens?
- Before you read, jot down everything you know about the topic.
- Read passage as if you were in a sociology class and you grade depended on a test (take notes as you usually would)
- See how many questions you can generate as you read
- Compare notes to (page 95 of WSSK)
- Revise notes done on exercise 2
- Looking over last couple of notes consider different ways of grouping this information
- List any facts or ideas that can be linked together
- Rewrite your new notes from exercise 5 completely this time translate information thoroughly
- Answer a question that is given in the section (key questions)
- Select facts and decide whether you can remember it logically and if not what kind of “hook” do you need to link it too.
Question 1: What’s my purpose for reading this?
Question 2: What Do you already know about this topic?
Question 3: What’s the big picture here?
Question 4: What’s the Author going to say next?
Question 5: What are the Expert Questions?
Question 6: What questions does this information raise for me?
Question 7: What information is important here?
Question 8: How can I paraphrase and summarize this information?
Question 9: How can I organize this information?
Question 10: How can I picture this information?
Question 11: What’s my hook for remembering this information?
Question 12: How does this information fit in with what I already know?